10@12 Webinar : Warranties In Business Sales
11th November 2022
In this webinar James Potts KC and Seamus Woods will be discussing common potential pitfalls and practical tips relating to warranties, representations and indemnities. The webinar is aimed at both corporate lawyers and litigators dealing with business acquisitions and subsequent disputes. It aims to cover key issues that corporate lawyers need to understand about the litigation process to avoid problems when drafting and negotiating warranties, as well as what litigators should have in mind when navigating the potentially choppy waters of breach of warranty claims.
The 10 points for discussion are as follows:
1. What are the differences between warranties and indemnities and the advantages and disadvantages of each?
2. What is the place of representations in business sales and can representations amount to warranties?
3. When and how is the vendor’s knowledge relevant in relation to matters which are the subject of warranties?
4. When and how is the buyer’s knowledge relevant in relation to matters which are the subject of warranties?
5. What is the purpose of notification clauses and what pitfalls are there when drafting them?
6. What are the pitfalls when seeking to give notice prior to commencing proceedings?
7. What is the Court’s approach to assessing quantum in breach of warranty claims?
8. What are the main causation issues that arise when litigating over warranties?
9. What are the main disclosure issues that arise when litigating over warranties?
10. What are the main issues in relation to experts that arise when litigating over warranties?