Michael has a significant offshore practice. He has been admitted to the Bars of the following jurisdictions for the purpose of appearing in the courts:
– Hong Kong (High Court, Court of Appeal, Court of Final Appeal)
– Bermuda (Court of First Instance, Court of Appeal)
– Cayman Islands (Court of First Instance)
– Isle of Man (Court of First Instance)
– Turks & Caicos Islands (Court of Appeal)
– British Virgin Islands (Court of First Instance, Court of Appeal)
– Northern Ireland (High Court).
Significant cases include:
Culross Global SPC Limited v Strategic Turnaround Master Partnership Limited  UKPC 33 – Power to suspend redemptions of shares in hedge funds.
American Patriot Agency v Mutual Risk Management (2013) (Privy Council, on appeal from Bermuda) – commercial fraud
Re Tenaga Nasional Berhad (Malaysia) – piercing the corporate veil.
Validus Holdings Ltd v IPC Holdings Ltd and Max Capital Group Ltd  (Supreme Court of Bermuda) – Viability of hostile scheme.
Re PCCW Ltd  HKCA 178 (Hong Kong Court of Appeal) – Scheme of Arrangement; alleged “share-splitting”.
Waddington v Chan Chun Hoo Thomas  HK CU 1381 (Hong Kong/BVI) – multiple derivative actions).
Re Prudential Enterprise Limited  2 HKC 686;  2 HKC 375, Court of Appeal,  3 HKLRD 388 (Hong Kong Court of Final Appeal) – shareholder dispute.